[VLOG] SINGAPORE DETAILED ITINERARY - PART 1

July 06, 2018


Flight details and accommodation.

Melbourne to Singapore

Flight time: 7-8 hours in the air

Flight cost: 622 AUD for return economy with one checked in luggage (Qantas)

Time differences: Singapore is two hours behind

Example
7:30 am Saturday, in Singapore
9:30 am Saturday, in Melbourne

Currency: Obviously this will change, but when I was traveling it was 1SGD = 0.95AUD

Weather: It can range from 30-32° all year around. Google told me February to April has the best weather and November to January as the wettest and May and June being the hottest. And I went during May... Good work Thuy... lol.


Airbnb listing: https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/6481052

Airbnb cost: ($183.12 × 8 nights + Service fee $167.09) = Total 1632.08 AUD



My review of the Airbnb is that the location is so ideal. It's literally close to everything from the Orchard Road, Clarke Quay, Sentosa, Bugis pretty much everything. BUT... Next time I go to Singapore I will book elsewhere purely because of the price.

Keeping in mind guys, it's apparently illegal in Singapore to list an Airbnb unless it's a service apartment, which mine was. But if you're not sure and you're worried, then just don't book on there.

THUY'S TIP is to look for Singapore accommodation on Agoda I didn't know about this site until after I booked and paid my Airbnb as I was looking for last minute accommodation to Malaysia. My mate from Singapore recommended this site and omgggg, you can find cheaper options. The site works just like Trivago.com but for some reason, it has more and cheaper options. Plus you can use Ebates.com to get cash back, so why the f not?

Transportation and Sim.

Grab:

Grab works exactly like Uber, but better. It can be used in Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, and Singapore. You get points for using the service that you can redeem on future rides. My short trip wouldn't have been enough to earn anything, but cool to know if I plan to travel more. You can have the option to pay through a card, cash or credit. Unlike how Uber how they give you a rough amount before you hop into the car, the price you see is what you pay. They do have a rating system, so it feels safe but both driver and passenger. And there isn't a fee to join or download.

I have a code that can give you guys a discount ride with Grab. Register using the referral code "GRAB41D9OG9X" or click on https://r.grab.com/grab41d9og9x

Ofo Bike:





So in Singapore, they have a lot of different companies that have rental bikes, but my cousin downloaded OFO Bike on my phone so I just rolled with it. It did me well since I have never had a situation where I couldn't find an OFO bike when I needed one. I paid 1.59 SGD for a weekly pass, which gave me unlimited access for a week. Just make sure when you're done with the ride, lock the bike correctly (physically and on the app) to avoid any problems later. No fee to join or download.

I got a link that can give you guys 3 free ofo rides, download the app here: http://promo.ofo.com/YaF455 


EZ Link:
It's a reusable ticket to take public transport. From what I know the cost based on distance, compared to Melbourne we have and two-hour or daily fee. For some reason, you can only top on at an MRT (Train) Station so you wouldn't be able to recharge/top up on a bus. The queue to line up is so long, so up top accordingly or get an unlimited pass. Rides are so cheap anyway so better to over top then under tbh.

SIM Card:
I went with Singtel for no particular reason. I purchased the SIM for 25SGD which had 15 dollars worth of credit that I could use in Singapore and then I did an add-on for some Malaysia credit which costed 10SGD.  Thuy's tip is to buy the sim at the airport. They have better deals for shorter trips.


What I did/where I went.

[ORCHARD ROAD]




Honestly... I don't see a point shopping here unless they have a product or service that you can't get back at home, because for me they got the same stores that Melbourne has and the prices were crazy. like Havaiana sandals in Australia are around $30-50 but in Singapore, it was around $70-80. Don't forget, I was there the Singapore dollar was higher. So.... F that bro.

Prices
Innisfree Apple Seed Deep Cleansing foam 12.00 SGD
Maybelline Hypersharp Liner 19.00 SGD
Maybelline Magnum Big Shot 19.90 SGD



[ZION RIVERSIDE FOOD CENTRE]



Address: 70 Zion Rd, Singapore 247792

Hours: 
8am–10pm

Hawker Centres are cash only and some booths have long lines, so be prepared to wait in the heat. I got some carrot cake thing, I talk about in the next video but it wasn't nice bro. Wouldn't get it again. I don't even know what it is... because it's not made out of carrot.... lol

Prices:
Carrot Cake 5 SGD


 ▽  Singapore Discount Codes:

[GRAB]
Use the "GRAB41D9OG9X" for a discounted ride when you sign up


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.